Thursday, January 10, 2013

still waiting to process my visa

***Don't worry. Trust God.***

A quick update on my visa processing....

I've received all my documents at this point, including my apostilled degree (thanks to Jorge!), and fully expected to go in Thursday or Friday to provide the paperwork and file for my visa. Needless to say, this is NOT happening this week, and the Colombian Embassy here in SK has not exactly been helpful or honest/direct. I will give you a BRIEF quoting of what happened (after ALL of this and no matter HOW many times I asked, I still don't know the typical processing time for visas).

I called Wednesday to inquire about how long the visa processing takes (one day? two? more?) so I can finally book my plane ticket. I mean, I'm planning to leave in less than 7 days, and I still don't have my plane ticket booked....and the good priced tickets are going fast. The response: "Call back tomorrow."

I call back Thursday morning after 9am. Response: "Call back after 10am when the person gets in."
I call back around 11:30am. Response: "The person isn't here. She's on vacation. Call back tomorrow."
....and then later in the same conversation: "The  Sec. Consulate is on vacation and should be back on Monday. (What? You just said tomorrow a minute ago! >.<)."
Me: "So there is absolutely NO ONE except this ONE person in the WHOLE Embassy who can process a visa, and she is on vacation?" (Me STILL not understanding how this is possible that someone is on vacation for 4+ days and they just put visa processing or appointments on COMPLETE hold.)
Response: "No. She is the only one who can do it."

After scanning in ALL of my 20+ documents and emailing them to the Embassy for review, as instructed, I still haven't heard anything either.

So much is riding on this visa processing: I don't want to buy a ticket until I am sure I will have the visa/my passport back. I cannot file for my lump-sum pension return until I have the plane ticket in hand.

AND YET............. ^^ ^^ ^^

As frustrated and confused as I can get over this, I just have to laugh (thanks, Bianca, for teaching me this important life lesson)....because if I don't laugh at how crazy this all is with the Colombian Embassy, I would just be upset and probably cry from stressing out. ....But God is GOOD! I KNOW He has taken me this far in the process, and I KNOW He will work it all out because He desires good for me. I have no doubts. See, Jenna-- yet another reason why God allowed us to go to Jeju--- teaching us not to worry about things and trust that He DOES have it all in control. In fact, I think that is going to be my focus during this season:

***Don't worry. Trust God.***

And another scripture that I keep coming back to/keeps coming up is Isaiah 61:

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
    because the Lord has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
    and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn, 
 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the Lord
 for the display of his splendor...


No comments:

Post a Comment