Thursday, January 17, 2013

changes to the blog

As I am preparing for expat life in Colombia, I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do with my blog and the direction I want to take it in. When I started the blog before leaving for South Korea, I simply created it as a travel blog to help keep my friends and family informed of my adventures as well as track my times for later memory and reflection. I've had many absent times on this blog and have failed to write about SO many experiences from South Korea. In my mind, I knew there were so many blogs about South Korea that were so complete and informative (they helped me with my decision to go to South Korea, after all), and I felt that there would be no reason to reinvent the wheel.

And yet, as I look back on my time with this blog, I think about all the things I had to say and so many things I had wanted to share. Honestly, I would have loved to even just make it a cafe blog. I love and seek out unique cafes with delicious coffee, great ambiance, and friendly atmosphere. Although there are many "blogs" and online "cafes" (as they call them in Korea: basically a website/blog about different things), I felt that information was lacking in ENGLISH for expats/tourists to find. As I look back, I think of how I would love to simply make a "Korea Cafes" blog in and of itself.

Although that would be sometime far into the future (if possible to go back again with that in mind), I DO have control over what I can do now. As I make the transition into Colombian life, I think about how I love to help others. What better way than to blog about my experiences and let others into the little "hole-in-the-wall" places and interesting adventures and nooks I am able to experience along my way. I DO have something to say, and I am considering the possibilities.

With this in mind, I will be down on this site for a bit. I am considering taking a course on travel blogging and the best way to write and promote--not only for myself, but as a way to fund my world travels. Again, nothing is set in stone, but things are in the works for this new year and new blogging experience.

Bear with me while the site is down. I am looking into the possibility of creating a website with my own domain and leaving the world of "Blogger." Be looking out for many new things this year. I'm telling you, my friends: 2013 is a year of great new possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment