Saturday, January 5, 2013

One door closes while another one opens...Viva Colombia!

That's right, my friends....if you haven't seen through my Facebook posts, it's official: I'm moving to COLOMBIA to teach English and music!

I received my contract on New Year's Eve, and I am now awaiting the return of my apostilled diploma in order to head to the Colombian Embassy here in Seoul and get my visa. Once my visa is in hand, I'll be buying my one-way ticket to Bogota, Colombia, where I will be living with a Colombian family and teaching for the next 10 months. I am contracted from Feb. 1-Nov. 30 to teach English to high schoolers in the mornings and then head to another school to teach flute and music theory (and maybe other instruments) in the afternoons. I am working with a Christian NGO that has been such a blessing and help to me with any questions I have had or anything I have needed along the way. God is paving the way....the door has been swung wide open.

...and I look forward to ALL that God has in store for this next adventure of life. I pray He will use me to bless the people of Bogota and every other city along the way!

2013 is already off to a great start...God has put a spirit of adventure and discovery on my heart, and I am not going to suppress it any longer. I yearn to see ALL of His creation--the work of His hands--in all its splendor and glory. Here's to an adventure-filled 2013 glorifying and growing in the One I love! <3


2 comments:

  1. Waooo! Amazing Laura! So excited for you and can't wait to visit u! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet! ....and I will DEFINITELY have to come over to visit you in Panama! <3 God is good!

    ReplyDelete